Web Developer - Swindon
Pixel Pixel are a growing, experienced digital agency located in Swindon, Wiltshire.
We are a passionate, close-knit group of individuals with a mission to build trustworthy one-to-one relationships with our clients via our deep knowledge, experience, and dedication to do a good job. Our vision is to become a well-known and recognised agency by building upon our respected “access to experts” approach to client service.
We’re looking for an middle-weight web developer to join the team.
We are looking for an all-rounder - somebody with a real passion and flair for backend development, but who is also happy to get their hands dirty with frontend work. This is a real opportunity to be in a position to mould the direction and ongoing success of an exciting modern web agency.
What does it involve?
As a middle-weight web developer, you will work with our Managing Director, existing in-house and remote developers to service and fulfil the needs of our clients, working with retained clients as well as on new projects. As a middle-weight web developer, you will take ownership of certain client tasks and projects as you lead projects through to completion.
Your day to day role will involve the development of complex and interactive database driven websites and web applications, as well as maintaining existing sites across various platforms including WordPress, Laravel and OctoberCMS. You will also be involved in the progression and development of a few key products which the company has in active development for varying sectors.
This is a pivotal role for Pixel Pixel which we hope will help us to continue to build on our existing reputation for high-quality work and technical expertise. You’ll be bringing your skills and experience to bear on several exciting projects already underway as well as helping to drive the direction of our future progression.
What we need from you:
- 2+ years in the industry, with preferably mixed experience across frontend and backend.
- PHP 7.0+
- Confidence within a CLI
- Knowledge of GIT.
- A big plus would be existing knowledge of GIT Flow, WordPress and OctoberCMS (but not essential).
The type of person we are looking for will:
- Be happy to work directly with clients on their specific tasks and requirements.
- Maintain a high level of quality by testing your own work and assisting with oversight on others.
- Excited to explore and share technical developments with other team members and clients.
- Demonstrate a good understanding of commercial and client-centric considerations when designing and delivering a technical solution.
- Has a team-player attitude, happy to work in small teams as well as individually. Enthusiastic and proactive when it comes to work.
What you get:
- Competitive salary (£25,000 - £35,000) depending on experience/skillset.
- 22 days holiday + your birthday and bank holidays.
- Auto-enrolment pension.
- Flexi-time arrangement.
- Monthly team lunches (we like a good pizza in the office).
- Dedicated time every month for self-development.
- Great place to work:
- Casual dress code and atmosphere.
- Work in a tight-knit team of like-minded and enthusiastic individuals.
- Good work-life balance – we don’t work Silicon Valley hours!
- Exposure to modern web technologies (VueJS, Node and Laravel to name a few) and great scope for career development.
- Handy location:
- Swindon, Wiltshire. Easily accessible - close to the A419 with good access to the M4.
- Free parking on site.
Interested in applying?
If you’d like to become part of the team, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to all applications we receive within 2-3 working days’ of your application.
No Agencies Please.